I enjoyed answering bookish questions so much that here I am again with another tag. As always feel free to copy and answer those questions on your blog, or just answer in the comment section. I would love to read your answers!
1. Book boyfriend? - Nikolai Lantsov from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. "wink wink. Stud". And also, Thorne from Lunar Chronicles, because he is so precious.
2. What character would be your best friend? - This one is hard. But I feel like me and Cimorene from Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede would get along very well.
3. What character would you invite for a sleep over? - Nina Zenik from Six of Crows. We would eat waffles and talk about how boys are idiots. And then we would braid each other's hair.
4. With who would you rob a bank? - Well, first of all, I wouldn't rob a bank. But if I were...I would assemble a small team. Sherlock Holmes from the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by A.C. Doyle. Who is better to rob a bank with than a mastermind that can solve all robberies without ever leaving his comfy chair? Kay Brekker from Six of Crows, because sometimes things get crazy and we need a badass gang member to orchestrate it all. I mean why stop there, how about I just bring the WHOLE Six of Crows? Yes, I would do that. And lastly, Fred and George Weasley. I have a feeling they would be good at robbing a bank.
5. Your ultimate "ship"? - I don't think I have one. Yet. I just haven't found a book-couple that swept me off my feet with their awesomeness.
But Lark and king Tiras came pretty close (from The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon). She is so strong, independent and stubborn. And Tiras is probably even more stubborn, tough, but with the softest heart. Their romance was so beautiful.
I also enjoyed Jon Snow and Ygritte's relationship (from Game of Thrones by George R Martin). It was not proper, wild and short lived, but somehow they took my heart. I was DEVASTATED when...Oh wait, no spoilers.
I also really loved Jasper and Wylan's relationship (from Six of Crows) Their dynamic was amazing!
And just to mention it I enjoyed Cinder and Thorne's friendship (from Lunar Chronicles). You know, she's rubber and he's glue.
6. What book made you cry ugly? - From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon. Not ugly, but tears were definitely present.
7. Vampires or fairies? Werewolves or zombies? - Fairies. I feel like vampires are a thing of the past now. Werewolves! (hello, Remus Lupin!!) So much cooler! And there is no rotting flesh smell, ya know...
8. Best fairytale retelling? - The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. So far I am on book two and it's pretty darn good. I love the diversity and I love that about 90 percent of the material is original. Very enjoyable read.
9. Book you wish was made into a movie? - This one is a very hard question. On one hand I would love for Six of Crows to be turned into a movie. On the other hand I am way too scared for that book to be ruined by a movie. What if casting is wrong?? what if they don't follow the script?? What if there is no chemistry between the gang?? Ohhh, the horrors!!
10. Drink of choice while reading? - Coffee. It's always coffee.
11. Author you want to interview? - Leigh Bardugo! Although I don't even know what I would ask her. "Hey, you...Book writing mastermind..." I guess we could just get some coffee. Coffee makes everything better.
12. Do you write in your books? - Goodness, no!
13. Book that took you ages to read? - The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. I got about 400 pages in. Two years ago. Still "reading". That book is in a perpetual limbo. I like to think that I am reading this second book at the speed that Rothfuss is writing his third one.
14. Three all time favorite books? - The Book and The Sword by Amy Harmon, And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, Six of Crows duo logy by Leigh Bardugo, Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I'm sorry did you say three? I couldn't stop..... hehe.
15. Latest book purchase? - All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. Haven't read it yet. Very excited to.
Freelance BETA reader.