15 easy and quick book related questions. Feel free to answer them on your blog, and make sure to comment your link down below, so I can check your answers out.
1. What is the last book that you read? - Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
2. How often do you read? - Lately I have been extremely lucky to be able to read every single day. I try to do at least 100 pages daily.
3. Last book you read and didn't like? - I have few books that were just mehhh, or barely alright, or didn't do anything for me, but it has been a while since I really disliked a book (thankfully). I guess The Gunslinger by Steven King was the last one I didn't like. I love King's works, but that book was so boring to me I barely had the will to finish it.
4. Do you wish to be a writer? - It has been on my bucket list for a long time now. But I never thought of it seriously till recently. I have been having so many ideas lately that I had to start writing them down. Hopefully it will turn into something good.
5. Current favorite book? - This one is hard. I will go by genre.
Historical fiction : From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon (available to purchase at Barnesandnobles.com)
Fantasy: Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo
I have way more, but these two are at the top right now.
6. Do you prefer physical copy or an ebook? - Physical. Always and forever. I am very old fashioned when it comes to books.
7. Did you always love to read or did you pick it up recently? - I didn't learn to read till I was 7 years old. I guess that is considered extremely late for a child. But once I did I was not able to stop since.
8. Favorite book genre? - Mystery, historical fiction (mostly WWII) and fantasy.
9. Do you read on the toilet? - No, but I used to. A lot. When I was pre-teen I would sit on a toilet for so long my bottoms would go numb. I remember reading a lot of mysteries on the toilet. I guess it's a good place to solve crimes, ha.
10. Do you read in the car? - Sadly, I can't. I get extremely carsick if I try to read while the car is moving.
11. Do you read in bed? - Yes. It is my favorite place to read. Cup of mint tea, cozy blankets and my 65 pound dog snoring right next to me - perfect.
12. Do you read magazines? - No. I find no use for them - too much commercial material, too much of people telling you how you should look and such.
13. Favorite authors? - When I was growing up Arthur Conan Doyle was my everything. I read and re-read his books and I could never get enough. Sherlock Holmes was my hero, and he still is (I just haven't reread anything in a while). C.S Lewis is one of my dear favorites too. He has so much hidden wisdom. I have recently discovered Leigh Bardugo and she quickly became one of my favorites. I adore Amy Harmon. And Patricia Wrede will be on my favorites shelves forever just for her Dealing with Dragons series.
14. Pet peeves concerning book plots? - Love triangles (this is so overused, please stop writing love triangles, thank you.) When authors borrow lines and quotes from other authors without crediting them (paraphrasing and making it sound "yours" doesn't help! It's not school paper you are writing, it's literature).
15. Next book to read/ currently reading? - Just started Strange the Dreamer by Laini Tylor
And the next one to read is The Queen and the Cure by Amy Harmon.